A Random Weekend

What happens when I have a few hours during the weekend and nothing is penciled in? Well, why not go for a short walk by the water. I am lucky to be living where a handful of regional parks are within a few minutes drive away.

On this day the choice was Eckley Pier, which is located in the Carquinez Strait Regional Shoreline. The topography of this park consists of rolling hills, wooded ravines, eucalyptus-shaded meadows and river shoreline. We usually only go by the pier.

IMGP9348
Plaque

IMGP9344

IMGP9349

IMGP9352

IMGP9356

IMGP9359

IMGP9361
The city across the bridge is Vallejo - which has a sizeable Filipino community.

IMGP9358
Popular fishing spot.
IMGP9336
Sometimes it pays to be without plans on the weekend. You get to revisit parks nearby.

BTW, I always make sure I carry my small point and shoot when I go out on the weekend, even if I'm only going to the grocery store.

Comments

  1. I envy your nearness to wonderful sites like these. If I were there i will be just like you in looking for things to see and shoot. I am sure you know how different it is for us here, even if i would like to try making night shots of the traffic via the pedestrian overpass, i cannot do so if i am alone. I know you will understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, i do have my camera with me also, even when it's a short walk from home. but lately, i'm getting tired of Manila. ^0^
    you;re lucky indeed when you live near the pier and the water,
    at least,you have a variety of places to go to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to this park, too. It's fun to watch the boats passing by and the fishermen fish off the pier. Looks like our hills are already starting to turn brown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting photo essay. Like you, I never leave home without my point and shoot in my person. I never know what serendipitous decisive moment I might run into.

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoa! fishing! did someone say fishing? fishing?

    yes, it's nice to have free, unplanned days. it can always be pleasantly surprising.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You live in a lucky area and you have a great partner, your camera. And of course... I enjoy your landscapes!!

    Hugs my friend

    Val

    [Barcelona Daily Photo]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your unplanned weekend looked very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are the fish there fisherman-friendly?

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fine series of this interesting place with so many different things to see and enjoy. I'm with you...my point-and-shoot is always on me everywhere I go. That procedure has paid off more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's fun to see what will happen when you have no plans, Maria. Spontaneity is sometimes the name of the game. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment